Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eat Your Veggies!

It's time to start incorporating more veggies into our meals. Neither of us are huge veggie fans, although I think I like them a little bit more than he does. We both enjoy them raw more than cooked, but even raw veggies don't make it into our meals.

It's time to start eating more vegetables because now we have a baby who will soon start to eat food, and we need to set a good example. Also, we will be doing Baby Led Weaning, a practice that skips purees and cereals and goes straight to finger foods when baby starts eating. Part of BLW is that he should generally be eating what we're eating, making it super important that we start adding more variety and nutrition to our meals!

This may seem silly to most people who probably already include veggies in their day-to-day lives, but I actually had to go searching for a recipe to make a side of vegetables that would be more interesting than a raw veggie tray.

I found a recipe for Oven Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower and it was great! Even my husband enjoyed it. We're going to try the same thing with broccoli this week, and I'm going to try to find some more recipes that make cooked vegetables look edible as well.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to eating more vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment