Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Diaper Mail!

More diaper mail today!

These came in from For the Monster today:



 I think they might be going out of business, because pretty much everything seems to be on sale on their website and the selection is limited. This was a good deal though, because I paid used prices for these brand new diapers.

On the left we've got three medium Happy Heinys with velcro closures (Red, Navy & Lime green). Generally I dislike the look of velcro closure, and these sized Happy Heinys are no exception. I really really dislike the looks of these diapers. But, I bought one used through a local buy & sell a few weeks ago, and I fell in love with how easy it is to use. I ordered these with the intention that they'll be packed in the diaper bag when we go out, or if someone is babysitting. They're also daddy-friendly, so next time my husband says he doesn't know how to work the cloth diapers I'll point him in the direction of these Happy Heinys, because they are almost identical to disposables.

The diapers on the right are Sweet Pea OS (one size) in Apple Green and Indigo Blue. I have one other Sweet Pea in my stash, in the Penguin print. I really like the fit of these diapers, and I didn't want to keep using the Penguin print as often as I have been (trying to keep my prints in very good condition!), so I was happy to find these for just under $10 each! Plus they come with inserts, which is good.

I kind of wish now that I had gotten three Sweet Peas and two Happy Heinys instead though. I love the Happy Heinys for their ease of use, but since these are the sized style they'll probably only fit him for the next few months. Also, they don't come with inserts which is sucky.


 Next, these came in from Cozy Bums:



The Maple Leaf print is a Charlie Banana One Size. I've been dying for that print, but haven't seen it in stock anywhere until now. I'm a little concerned because the design is printed onto the diaper fabric and I'm scared of it peeling...So unfortunately it looks like this diaper will end up being only very gently used.

The orange and blue diaper is another Best Bottoms diaper cover. It's called Orange Sherbet. I love that they name the diaper colours after ice cream flavours! I've given my other Best Bottoms diaper a whirl a few times and I love it. I'm so excited to have another cover to choose from, plus I ordered two extra inserts with it. They recommend three inserts per diaper, but I've been spending too much lately so I only ordered the two. I only use these as going out diapers anyway, and usually only need to change the insert once in the time that we're gone, so it will all work out fine. I plan on stocking up on more covers and inserts in the future though.

I just want to add that I love the Cozy Bums online store. They have a good selection, and friendly customer service. Plus I love supporting Canadian retailers. I know I do hunt out good deals from US retailers, but I also support local/Canadian when I can! (And hey, I don't feel too guilty from buying from the US- I love our neighbours to the South!)

No comments:

Post a Comment