Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Decor

The assignment for Day 5 of Tiny Tree Hugger's 12 Days of Christmas Photo Challenge is to take a picture of a Christmas decoration, but not the Christmas tree. No problem there, because ours isn't even close to being up yet!

Considering my extreme dislike of Christmas songs, it should come as no surprise that I don't do a lot of Christmas decorating either. But I do LOVE Christmas tree ornaments! However, just like I don't listen to very traditional Christmas music, I also don't like to decorate in traditional Christmas colours. Our Christmas colour theme is silver, blue, green, pink and purple. No red or green in sight. I even regret buying a green Christmas tree, and wish we would've gone for white instead.

So anyway, because I love tree ornaments so much I was actually super excited to go digging through our decorations to pick something to take a picture of. The only problem is that I couldn't narrow it down to just one thing.

Hopefully this doesn't disqualify me, but here is my picture:


In the back I have my ginormous silver ball ornament, which is new this year. I have no idea what I'll actually do with it, since I only have the one and it might look a little ridiculous on the tree. Then in the middle I have my two very favourite ornaments- the funky turquoise ornament (which I also have in hot pink), and the elegant pink ornament with delicate snowflakes. And the little frog prince in the front was just pleading with me to let him be in the picture...I just couldn't say no to that face!

And, just because I feel bad for not including them, here are the runner's up that didn't make the photo challenge picture:



The disco ball (every tree should have at least one disco ball!) and of course, the Christmas Pickle.

Okay, now I'm RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED to set up our Christmas tree this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're excited to set up the tree now! :)

    And of course picking more than one doesn't disqualify you! Love the participation!

    ~Andi from Tiny TreeHugger

    ReplyDelete